Students Chime in on Music in Our Classroom

Earlier I wrote a post regarding using music to set the mood in my classroom. As the year winds down, I'm trying to solicit as much feedback as possible from students about what worked well and what should be changed next year. On Friday students responded to a survey about our use of music in the classroom. The results were overwhelmingly positive. Not a single student said they didn't like it!

Below is an excerpt of the results from this survey (note that these results haven't been revised/edited for grammar, spelling, etc.):



How does the music in our classroom make you feel?
The music makes me feel good because we use it for when we are doing our work and it makes me feel calm inside.
The music makes me feel calm and it cheers me up when I'm mad or I got in trouble. When I listen to the music I don't have to be mad.
I like listening to music in class because  when I am not in a good mood the music make me feel happy again.
It makes me happy and It makes me focus better some times it is away that every one connects in the class by music 
The music makes me feel calm I like the beats like some times when she plays katy perry firework I would dance and sing to the tone.
It makes me feel happy during transition cause we make it more fun than just walking and sometimes stop me from talking a lot.
I love the music it make me feel thrilled and happy. I like when we have music when we work and in the morning and the transition it help me concentrate and help me by telling me when to stop of when to go it is really helpful and some of the songs I hear I be singing along
I love the music because it helps me relax. I like the morning music because it is the main music you know it gets you energized. I also like the work time music I love to hear the voilins in my ear
We have music in the morning, trasitions, in the math message, and in work time. It makes me feel relaxed and it makes me consentrate with my work.
The songs makes me feel happy in the morning and in the evening it makes me fell relexed and good and in the tradition it makes me fell happy  funny inside that is how the music and trasittion makes me feel
The music make me feel like it is a good morning.
The music make Feel so energetic because when you are going slow eating then the music comes on it makes us go fast. The time we do music is math message morning and also sometimes during transitions.

EMOTIONS for the music: Happy, Peacefully,Calm
 
I like the music in the morning the transition and the music in work time because it makes me feel HAPPY. Like in the work time the music makes me stay on task. And in the morning, I can enjoy myself ALL the time while eating (that is one of my favorite things to do).
Music makes me feel excited during morning entry because it helps me think better and clears my head. I like the beat and the words. It helps me clam down when I'm upset. I also like the slow motion transition because it's fun and I get to express myself.
We hear the music during math message and it help me concentrate more.
I like to listen to music in the morning because it is calming and helps you to get energy. Also because it is fun makes your day go smooooooth and not bumpy. The music can also teach you about people and to make you feel better like the song goes " you may think that I'm a 0. But hey I'm a superstar just be who you are."
I really enjoy listening to music because it makes me feel com.we listen to music at transition and when we come in the morning.sometimes we listen to a music that we get to get a homework pass for wining.I think it's fun to listen to music.I hope get to listen to music next year in my class room. 
I love the music it make me feel thrilled and happy,I like when we have music when we work and in the morning and the transition it help me concentrate and help me by telling me when to stop of when to go it is really helpful and some of the songs I hear I be singing along
You have read this article Classroom Management / Music in the Classroom / Student Reactions with the title Students Chime in on Music in Our Classroom. You can bookmark this page URL http://fieldecho.blogspot.com/2011/06/students-chime-in-on-music-in-our.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Students Chime in on Music in Our Classroom"

Post a Comment