Whetting your APPetite Vol. 10: Virtual Manipulatives

I'm trying out a new app called Virtual Manipulatives (thanks to fellow CPS teacher Kim Darche for the recommendation). It's free and it hits not only equivalent fractions, but comparing/ordering fractions and converting between fractions/decimals/percents. Not bad for $0.00!

As I previously promised myself, before running with it whole-class, I had a "focus group" of kids try it out first. We did this today and they were all thumbs up; here are their reviews.




Based on their favorable responses, I'm going to load this app up to all devices and begin weaving it into my plans!

You have read this article Apps / Math with the title Whetting your APPetite Vol. 10: Virtual Manipulatives. You can bookmark this page URL http://fieldecho.blogspot.com/2011/12/whetting-your-appetite-vol-10-virtual.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Whetting your APPetite Vol. 10: Virtual Manipulatives"

Post a Comment