My Kids are So Smart


On Tuesday, one of my students came to me, frustrated with their iPad. He said, "My iPad is messed up." Upon further prodding, it turned out that "messed up" meant that the keyboard was floating randomly in the middle of their screen and they could no longer see their text box. I tried for a few minutes to fix this problem. In vain.

Luckily, my good friend and tech whiz Sue Gorman was visiting my class that day. So I asked her to come over and see if she could fix it. Before she could make it the few steps over to the table, another student called out, "Oh I know how to fix that. It's so easy." She jumped up and tapped-held the keyboard button. Lo and behold the option came up to split the keyboard or dock it. Wow. Another great example of our students, when left to their own devices, can be surprisingly perceptive and self-sufficient. More reason to give up the power struggle and release control.



You have read this article with the title My Kids are So Smart. You can bookmark this page URL http://fieldecho.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-kids-are-so-smart.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My Kids are So Smart"

Post a Comment